1.Take a 10-30m walk every day. And while you walk, smile :) It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2.Sit in silence for at least 10m each day. Buy a lock if you have to. Visit “Mind + Body” section for easy guided meditations.
3.Get more sleep. Buy a DVR + tape your favorite shows if you have to.
4.When you wake up each morning, complete the following statement, “My purpose in life is to_________today”
5.Live with the 3 E’s-Energy, Enthusiasum, + Empathy.
6.Play more games + read more books than you did the year before.
7.Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, + prayer. They provide us with our daily fuel for in our busy lives.
8.Spend more time with people over the age of 70 + under the age of 6.
9.Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees + plants, eat to live don’t live to eat.
11. Drink green tea + drink plenty of water. (*Did you know you should be drinking half of your body weight? So if you are 130lbs..you should be cosuming at least 60oz each day*)
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk to allow new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in positive present moment awareness.
15. Realize that life is a school + you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you will learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince, + dinner like a Pauper.
17. Smile + laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away :)
18. Life isn’t fair sometimes, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Be free and forgive!
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except for you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In 5 years, will this matter?”
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think go fyou is none of your business.
28. God heals alomost everything.
29. However good or bad a sitiuation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress, and show up!
35. Do the right thing...what goes around comes back around.
36. Call your family often.
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for ___________________________.
Today I accomplished ______________________.
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride in this life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride!
40. Re-read this when life gets too hard and you need a refresher ;)