Are your eyes bigger than your stomach? This is totally me! Ever since I was a little girl, I have always had such an admiration for food and I absolutly love having options and a variety… I'm that person that would stare at the menu, like a deer in headlights, feeling pressured to make a decision because it all just looks so incredible. I could literally imagine myself eating it all! Well, if they could, my eyes would eat everything but my stomach, on the other hand, is screaming at me when I do over-indulge!
I realized, after many attempts at stuffing my face, that this way of living was no longer working for my body. Yea, sure, when you are young and working out 2 hours a day, most of us could get away with that kind of lifestyle but I honestly did not like how it made me feel.
I noticed when I eat a bunch, 4-6 servings, of smaller meals throughout the day, and space them out, my body is able to digest it all so much better without overloading my system. AND I still get all the delicious yummy healthy (and fun!) foods I need <<KEY WORD. This is a word that has changed my Life. Find foods that you NEED to survive, rather than WANT! This is not to say we cannot have our "fundays" and enjoy ourselves…It makes it so much more worth it in the end when we don't overwhelm our bodies, leaving ourselves feeling bloated and fatigued from over eating when we can nourish it with nutrients we need to survive…
>>I'm curious, does anyone else have BIG EYES or is it just me? lol Comment below if you would like to share what trouble your big eyes get you into<<
HOW CAN I STOP THE MADNESS?? HERE ARE SOME TIPS...
- Are you eating just to eat or are you mindful of the foods you eat?
- Are you thirsty? Drink some water, you could just be dehydrated and water can help fill that urge of binging.
- Shrink your stomach by eliminating 5 of the TOP INSTIGATORS to overeating:
- Processed Foods
- Cleanse your body and you will be AMAZED! Once you release the toxins from your system you will begin to crave food that truly nourishes your body and you will have an appreciation for the flavor after you have cleansed your palette. You will be more in tune with what your body, and will be more aware of what your body can handle and what it reacts to. This has been a game changer for me! Anytime I fall victim to this vicious cycle, I immediately take some time to focus on my MIND.BODY.SOUL with a Cleanse to reboot and refocus :)
These cleansing benefits are an added bonus to cutting back on over eating… If you are seeking a to try an incredible nutritional cleansing system, I absolutly love helping to coach people through the process so feel free to reach out when you are ready! :)
- CHANGE YOUR THINKING. This is so vital in everything we do, the way we think about food and our healthy will change our actions. Take a step back and before reaching for seconds, ask yourself, "Is this the best choice for me and my body?" Give it a few more minutes before you dive into that 3rd heaping of pasta…Your body sometimes just needs some time to process everything before it can relay the message to your brain that you are full. Also, what I found to be really helpful was researching healthy foods and how incredible they are for my body, this has encouraged me to support these super foods as they support me.
- KEEP THE JUNK AWAY OR MAKE BETTER CHOICES! I am more likely to make poor choices when there are too many options in my house. When you are out to eat, that is when self control needs to be on point. But at home we have the choice, as easy as it can be to grab a candy bar after a big dinner, it can be just as easy to not buy it at all and have none in the house. >> OR << If you feel like that is a disaster waiting to happen and you will have serious withdrawals from a having your treat…Buy an option that will benefit you > Have some dark chocolate available for you to indulge! At least this way you are getting some antioxidants while fixing that craving.
JUST REMEMBER> You are not alone. We all have our moments of WANT, NEED, + DESIRE. We deserve to indulge every so often, just remember to keep it at just that..EVERY. SO .OFTEN. When that time comes, consider it a "fun day" and hop right back on the healthy train…WOOT WOOT! May sound corny, but your body will thank you :)