Ok so this is one our families favorite go-to recipes, super easy and super nutritious packed with protein and wholesome goodness...did I mention DELICIOUS?!! I have made it for friends as a "Meal Train", for when they have new babies, and my YTT family, and it's always been a BIG hit! P.S. If you haven't organized a MealTrain I highly recommend it for someone who needs some time off in the kitchen :) Click button below to check out how you too can help out someone you love and share this recipe with them!
*You can do this in a large pot (must keep on low and keep an eye on it) or simply use a crockpot! Quantity of each is up to you as far as ingredients goes, so play around with it and make it your own!
(I apologize in advance for no pictures, we can't keep this around to capture it lol)
- Beans, beans, and more beans: I use Organic canned Kidney Beans, Cannelloni beans, black beans, black eyed peas! Pick your fav!
- Organic Canned Tomatoes
- Sautéed Chopped White Onion, Garlic, + Mushrooms
- Your choice of Tofu (I usually will drain, sauté, and then add in last minute so it doesn't break up and sit too long), Beef, Ground Turkey, Ground Chicken (all cooked in EVOO first, brown and then throw into your pot of chili right to absorb the flavor) *Season to with your favs!
- Spices: Get creative! You can add Tumeric (so many health benefits as you can see below), Adobo, my fav is Himalayan Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper (I don't add to much if my little one's are eating too)
- Put canned tomatoes and beans into your crock pot (keep setting on low) If doing it on the stove top, you can put it all into a large pot but make sure to keep an eye on it. Stir occasionally.
- Sauté your Meat and add into pot to absorb the flavor, Tofu you will want to sauté and add in last minute before serving, so it doesn't break up.
- Spice it up with your favorites! (some ideas above)
- Go run some errands, go to work, go do some yoga ;) While your dinner sits on low heat so it can slowly cook (obsessed with the simplicity!) I let mine cook for 8-10hours (8am-5pm) and it's ready for Dinner!
SERVE AND ENJOY!
You can serve simply in a bowl topped with your favorite shredded cheese, serve over brown rice, Quinoa, or you can put into a baking dish and bring to your next party with some chips to dip! (I also sometimes like to add a dollop of Greek Yogurt, to substitute sour cream! Serious Yummo!)
SAVE FOR LATER
You can put in a freezer container or zip lock (minus the cheese) to save for another day (freezing is good for a few months!) for those days you just don't feel like cooking this is an awesome go to! I heart this so much!
SHARING IS CARING..
Once you doctor up this recipe to you make it your own, it is now YOUR "Famous Chili Recipe", we all add in our own personal love and light (My YTT's will appreciate and understand what I mean by this) Tweak and create it to be your very own, then pay it forward and pass it on...